Life after work and the trips of a lifetime

"We are judged by what we finish, not by what we start." - Anonymous

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "Woo hoo! What a ride!..attributed in this form to either Maxine Cartoon or anon

Friday, April 2, 2010

Putting in the kms for Italy

Yipee! a four day break from fronting up at work and I have a goal of riding  between 360 and 400 km over those 4 days.  Today's ride was supposed to be 100km, but maybe I cut a corner or 2 as it turned out to be 99.16km.  As I approached home I knew the distance wouldn't hit 3 figures but by that time despite being a paid up, card carrying member of the Anal Retentive Society of Everywhere (also known as ARSE), there was NO way I was going to circle round the local streets to make up the shortfall.

I've ditched to SRM powercontrol for these sorts of rides..using the Garmin 705 instead...so now I can get a gazillion bits of totally useless information /stats as I ride...just what a card carrying, life member of ARSE likes!  Of these useless bits of info there are a few  that have me puzzled....Time: 03:53:58..ok so that's how long I rode and I understand  "Elapsed Time", which was 04:24:45......a bit surprising as I didn't stop at all except at lights...soooo 31 minutes sitting a lights?? well I did seem to hit the red lights more often than not. Ok so despite the surprise, so far so good...but what is this number?...."Moving Time:03:52:05". And what about this then..... I had an avg speed of 25.4kph and an avg moving speed of 25.6kph..... ????

Most of the ride was solo although I linked in with a group of 3 along Beach road and ditto for the last 10km.  I got left behind at lights along Beach Road but this turned out to be lucky as when I caught up with them somewhat later they'd clearly had a stack with  1 of the group  sitting on the kerb looking dazed.

Time for a nanna nap

No comments:

Post a Comment