Life after work and the trips of a lifetime

"We are judged by what we finish, not by what we start." - Anonymous

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "Woo hoo! What a ride!..attributed in this form to either Maxine Cartoon or anon

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Training and a bit of waffle

Today's ride was the 120km MAD ride...Melbourne Autumn Daytour.  The weather was great..not hot, a bit windy and what's more important...dry!
The profile of the ride below shows we were working out there..I'd have to confess to getting a bit fed up of undulations though.

There were thousands of cyclists out on the roads doing the main ride or one of the shorter ones, but I saw no-one I knew,  which surprised me as I've been riding and racing for over ten years now, and had expected to see at least one person I knew.

At the end of the ride I realised that a few things need to be altered with my bike set up...its great for racing but need a tweak or two to allow me to be comfortable for a multiplicity of days riding over 100km.

On the drive back  listening to Radio National, I was most amused to  hear that the Japanese can download "therapeutic" ring tones that apparently help deal with/cure obesity, hay fever and insomnia!!  Comment was made about the lack of research backing up these innovations!

And while I'm on miscellaneous waffle...I'm truly glad that my employer doesn't make me wear rabbit ears in the days before Easter!..or any other time (!)

No comments:

Post a Comment