Life after work and the trips of a lifetime

"We are judged by what we finish, not by what we start." - Anonymous

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "Woo hoo! What a ride!..attributed in this form to either Maxine Cartoon or anon

Sunday, March 21, 2010

The training begins

The tour de rural industries

OK...so today's epic was 104.3 km, 4 hours 30 mins 55 seconds all up..prob 2 minutes of that standing still at lights (3 times only and all in the last hour) and once crossing a busy road..also in the last hour.  The ride was s'posed to be 110km but I made a small navigational error and so went north of the dam instead of south.  Only 2 road kill, no hoons, plenty of short hills and a squillion rows of who'd know what crop.

Damage to my body? nothing a rest wont fix..Towards the end I was getting a bit of cramp, was doing a lot of standing up(!) and had some neck ache, but that's all..my knee was fine..it coped well with the undulations.  The only problem is that I don't know which of the 4..yes 4 count them 1..2..3..4 things I did to try and fix my knee was/were the one(s) that fixed it.  We all know the  golden rule which is to change one thing at a time..but well, I didn't... I did the following:
  1. checked out my road bike and noticed the seat had dropped down a bit, so I lifted it to its correct height (probably about 2mm higher).
  2. decided that since  my riding in Italy wasn't a short TT, I'd better move from black to grey cleats (grey ones have some rotational play in them..black ones don't)
  3. decided to have 3 days off the bike
  4. took some Voltaren
gotta get horizontal for a while....

No comments:

Post a Comment