Life after work and the trips of a lifetime

"We are judged by what we finish, not by what we start." - Anonymous

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "Woo hoo! What a ride!..attributed in this form to either Maxine Cartoon or anon

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sicily





Day 1- Palermo to Santo Stefan Quisquina.....103km, 1533m of climbing
Day 2- SSQ to Agrigento....75km 1200m climbing
Day 3- Agrigento to Geracei...107km 1600m climbing
Day 4- Geracei to Nicolosi...115km 2542m climbing
Day 5- Nicolosi to Taormina...82km 1543m climbing
Day 6- rest (and be thankful!) Taormina
Day 7- Taormina to the ferry at Messina and then to Palmi...85km 1126m climbing
well I had to have a day off on day 5 as day 4 shattered me totally..my gearing is too unfriendly.  I'm borrowing one of the staff's compact cranks until i can find a bike shop that has one to sell me.  the steepness is less of an issue than the length of the hills/mountains.

First day wet wet wet then sunny.

I'm writing this in an internet shop while my computer is being fixed...so no pix and can't access my facebook page as I can't answer their security questions!  I must have put down a false birth date to prevent identity theft and can't recall what I put!

Am having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment