Woo hoo!..my lease car documents have just arrived...and yes, 8 weeks today I fly out yippedy yip yip.
Family Health Check......
- Phil still on crutches for at least another 6 weeks...fracture site not yet united sufficiently to jettison them.
- Alex has full range movement and is developing strength and endurance. The scar is bound down medially but it's not impeding movement. There is still fluctuating swelling present and we're keeping a close eye on it to ensure there is no return of infection. He's on industrial strength probiotics to counteract the gut damage the industrial strength antibiotics inflicts.
- Ben's scapula fracture is now just a bad memory.
- Phil certainly scores highly+++ for "style" since he scored a evacuation ride in a helicopter, but loses points for poor healing....August to at least June.
- Ben scores high for bravery for driving his truck from Lysterfield to Croydon with a badly fractured scapula but loses points for stupidity in driving with a badly fractured scapula when he could have picked up the phone and asked for help.
- Alex scores high for bravery in that he pulled a rather large piece of wood out of his leg but loses points for not taking a phone out with him on his ride, having to rely on luck in that someone just happened to be in the area and would help him.
Slowly getting there. Progress is being made. I'm due to race tomorrow but if the forecast is for rain, I'll do a 3 hours suffferfest at the velodrome instead.
I moved (well..Ben did) my track bike SRM cranks onto my TT bike the other day , but totally neglected to think about whether or not the holes on the road chain rings would line up. They didn't. Bugger!
It can be done, but I'd need to buy new chain rings and a BMX/track chain which wouldn't have a ramp on it and so I might have to go with only one chain ring in order to prevent clunky gear changes. Result..no change. I'll just go with what I've always done..move the cranks from the road bike to the TT bike before a race.
So ergo today, big effort tomorrow. Next weekend...19.5km TT at Benalla.