Life after work and the trips of a lifetime

"We are judged by what we finish, not by what we start." - Anonymous

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "Woo hoo! What a ride!..attributed in this form to either Maxine Cartoon or anon

Monday, June 13, 2011

Home and resting

A reluctant starter at best I gave up 10 minutes into today's race...it was absolutely no use whatsoever saying "shut up legs"........they were deaf. I reasoned that if I could barely keep up during the first few km's it was going to be a lonely 52km ride for me.  Action..turn, retrace steps, pack car, drive home.

I'm still having trouble downloading data from the SRM but know that I was 2nd in my group in the TT and about midway overall. 2 guys I passed described to me this morning  how I shot past them like they were going backwards which always nice to hear! its good for the ego. 

I think I was marginally slower than a coupla weeks ago but comparing this effort with the last time I rode the course...this time there was a head wind out, last time not and of course this time I already had raced twice.  Once I can download the data I'll be able to analyse it better, but this time, with fatigued legs and the head wind (albeit not a raging one), I think I was spinning a lighter gear and consequently not going quite as fast..

I have 1 more race before I travel..ash cloud permitting.  I will be really annoyed if my departure is delayed...more so than if I got stuck at the other end I think.

Training plans for this week..carry on endurance training with the first of 3  motorpacing sessions at DISC coming up on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment