- Baby wipes are great degreasers..bike, chain, hands..the works. Makes you wonder about the poor baby does it not!!!
- Some Italian camping grounds (?the cheaper ones) dont provide toilet paper..strictly BYO..a fact one only forgets once.
- Totally unexpectedly.... squat toilets abound.
- Consideration to cyclists moves closer to an "Australian level" when near a big city..although still far better than what we're used to.
- For some unfathomable reason some ski hotels dont have drying rooms
- Extended climbs of up to about 12% are now within my grasp
- Short bursts of steeper are doable
- however when faced with 19% 5 hours into a ride, I tend to throw in the towel
- I still can't resist snaffling ALL the soap and shampoo freebies when staying in a hotel..even when I really dont need them...and I can't now pretend they're for the kids to play shop with!!