Life after work and the trips of a lifetime

"We are judged by what we finish, not by what we start." - Anonymous

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "Woo hoo! What a ride!..attributed in this form to either Maxine Cartoon or anon

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Bad things come in threes

First up yesterday was the realisation that my tent had broken..it was fine when I packed it away in the morning, but 2 poles where totally cactus when I unpacked it at night.  Wilbert and Richard put in alot of time in  and jury rigged it, but sadly there’s no way I'm going to take it home with me as planned..the upside being that’s 4 kgs less luggage to worry about.
The second bad thing happened yesterday morning in Siena…. I dropped my iPod in the toilet..luckily while it was still clean(!)..but now it’s playing up a bit…and is more than likely officially dead.
And the third thing?..my Samsung aussie phone has decided to die..no reason given, just turned up its toes …….
I think I can hear an iPhone coming my way….

but wait there's more..I managed to leave my Garmin chest strap in the showers…but hours later, when I realised the omission I shot back like a bullet out of a gun …it was still there…..phew!  think fatigue is setting in...

No comments:

Post a Comment