Life after work and the trips of a lifetime

"We are judged by what we finish, not by what we start." - Anonymous

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "Woo hoo! What a ride!..attributed in this form to either Maxine Cartoon or anon

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Filling in the final 60 minutes aka watch out Sicily here I come!

I'm glad I'm travelling from winter to summer, I mean how else could I justify fronting up at the luggage weighing/ticket person's desk wearing 5 layers if I was travelling in February?  At least travelling in May I can have a hope of justifying waddling up to the counter sweating profusely from wearing far too many clothes?  We all know why I'm doing it, but at least its not 40 degrees C outside.   I'm exaggerating a bit, but I'm never one to let the truth get in the way of a good story/visual image.

FYI  my bike box weighs in at just over 15kg, my checked in baggage is just under 6kg, carry on backpack 7kg exactly, I also have musette with a "reasonable amount of reading matter" and lap top, and finally a bum bag stuffed with precious goodies..garmin, phones, money, passport, ticketI don't expect to have to pay for the 1kg over on the long haul but might get stung from Rome to Palermo.



So here's the itinerary for the more sedate first few days of my holiday..
May 8th fly to Palermo via Singapore and Rome
May 9th meet up with my sister, she's coming from London.  Stay at Cinisi near the airport,
May 10th hire car drive post haste to Nicolosi stay  that night and the 11th ( visit Mount Etna and Taormina), 
May 12th drive to Siracusa 
May 13th drive to Agrigento via Ragusa
May 14th drive to Palermo via Trapani (farewell sister..she flies home to UK from Trapani), return the car and meet up with cycling group.
May 15th let the sufferfest begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment