Life after work and the trips of a lifetime

"We are judged by what we finish, not by what we start." - Anonymous

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "Woo hoo! What a ride!..attributed in this form to either Maxine Cartoon or anon

Friday, January 7, 2011

End of another phase

Well one thing's for sure...I cannot now work an 8 hour day AND train if I'm on my feet literally all the time except for lunch and a bit of computer time.  I'm just too stuffed by the time I get home.

  • Thankfully I've come to the end of my 6 week clinical locum. Since New Year I've had to put in 8 hour days 'cos  the ward, which was s'posed to have  only 20 beds open, ended up with 25, 26 or 28 patients depending on the day and I was the only lonely Physio.

  • For the next 13 weeks I get a bit of a physical rest but more  mental stress as I go through a vertical learning "curve" as a project officer. Wish me luck.

  • Training was going well til this week, but hopefully I'll quickly get back on track :-) this weekend and next week as I start to prepare for the State Masters Track Champs in Feb.  I've given the women's Omnium the flick as I'm fairly sure I'll need a rest period afer my first week on the new job rather than a full day's racing...could it be that I'm developing a modicum of sense? I rather hope not.

  • My European plans are still fuzzy due to not yet knowing if there'll be a European Masters Track Champs. I hope they decide soon...I need to plan for 2 weeks  in an Italian Language school in Italy to mesh in with them.

  • And yet another slip of the tongue this time  from a social worker to a male nurse:  Hey Scott...you're really good with the ladies in the shower!    WE knew what she meant but a good belly laugh is always great medicine.

  • I've just eaten my first home grown tomato and strawberry (not together of course)..yum!

1 comment:

  1. I guess it is time to start making some plans for the year n the bike.......have been training well so far this year......

    ReplyDelete