Well one thing's for sure...I cannot now work an 8 hour day AND train if I'm on my feet literally all the time except for lunch and a bit of computer time. I'm just too stuffed by the time I get home.
- Thankfully I've come to the end of my 6 week clinical locum. Since New Year I've had to put in 8 hour days 'cos the ward, which was s'posed to have only 20 beds open, ended up with 25, 26 or 28 patients depending on the day and I was the only lonely Physio.
- For the next 13 weeks I get a bit of a physical rest but more mental stress as I go through a vertical learning "curve" as a project officer. Wish me luck.
- Training was going well til this week, but hopefully I'll quickly get back on track :-) this weekend and next week as I start to prepare for the State Masters Track Champs in Feb. I've given the women's Omnium the flick as I'm fairly sure I'll need a rest period afer my first week on the new job rather than a full day's racing...could it be that I'm developing a modicum of sense? I rather hope not.
- My European plans are still fuzzy due to not yet knowing if there'll be a European Masters Track Champs. I hope they decide soon...I need to plan for 2 weeks in an Italian Language school in Italy to mesh in with them.
- And yet another slip of the tongue this time from a social worker to a male nurse: Hey Scott...you're really good with the ladies in the shower! WE knew what she meant but a good belly laugh is always great medicine.
- I've just eaten my first home grown tomato and strawberry (not together of course)..yum!