Life after work and the trips of a lifetime

"We are judged by what we finish, not by what we start." - Anonymous

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "Woo hoo! What a ride!..attributed in this form to either Maxine Cartoon or anon

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's official!

Yup! it's official that:
  1. I have black fingers...nothing seems to be growing in my veggie patch except for weeds.  For example what I had thought was a potato seedling and which was lavished with special attention is looking more and more like a dandelion and of the bits of green that have emerged where  I planted ~100 carrot seeds 3 weeks ago, only 1 looks like a carrot..I think the others are all grass or oxalis .
  2. Retirement is  not for me...well not yet anyway..so I'm going back to work for 6 weeks starting on November 22nd.
  3. I'm not osteoporotic..a fall on the track yesterday proved that, although I'm just a bit stiff and sore today.
Intaxication: Euphoria at getting a refund from the Taxation Office, which lasts until you realise it was your money to start with

No comments:

Post a Comment