Life after work and the trips of a lifetime

"We are judged by what we finish, not by what we start." - Anonymous

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "Woo hoo! What a ride!..attributed in this form to either Maxine Cartoon or anon

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Geneva to Le Bourg d'Oisans

No WiFi so I'm in an internet cafe ...so no pix..sri

I would never have thought i did ANY touch typing at all, but now I'm using a French keyboard I realise i do;;;q is where a is full stop reuires a shift key as do numbers and m is well to the right in the middle...confusing.

I got out onto the bike this morning..about 80 minutes with a bit of climbing up  to 12% at one stage, but I'm not planning on tackling the akp d'huez this early as I'm still coughing and sniffling.

Once I'd got my car I set the Garmin Nuvi  and shot off...god knows where it took me, it was very picturesque but took about  2 hours longer than I'd expected and when it had got me totally lost it ran out of battery!..luckily it chose a spot quite close to a freeway, so i was able to locate where I was on the map and the rest of the journey went without a hitch.  pfft GPS...pfffft

Better stop as i'm running out of time and the waitress is beginning to hover.  Back to the apartment to watch Le Tour on English TV.....

No comments:

Post a Comment